Seasonal changes in Maine

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in Landscapes
In Maine the changes from season to season are pretty extream so I have returned to this location though out the past year to show the changes. Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.

#1. Janurary
454316446_QituB-L-2.jpg

#2 April
515842692_ZFeX2-L-2.jpg

#3. August
648185744_pDooT-L.jpg

#4 September
406797137_btJka-L-5.jpg

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    A very cool concept and nicely executed. In April, is the white balance off, or is the run off from the snow that muddy?

Also, these would probably pop a little more if you shot them during the golden hour. That said, excellent series! :D
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Thanks for the comment, the water in the lakes in maine is oflen slightly brown from all of the leaves in that fall into them, with the volume of water moving over the falls in the spring overwhelms the white. and it seems like all I have to to get the clouds to move in is head out to this locationne_nau.gif
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    Cool concept! Is that present year September?? Where in Maine were these taken? Hope those colors hang around for a few more weeks for the Shootout in October. We haven't seen much color here yet in Rhode Island. This coming weekend I'll be hiking Mt Monadnock in NH and hope to catch a glimpse of some color.

Stephanie
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    That was late Sept. last year. This dam is just outside of Belfast ME, on Pitcher Pond. The colors won't begin to really show for a couple of weeks, unfortunatly this year a fungus got into the maple leaves so I'm not sure how good the colors are going to be,ne_nau.gif we can hope for the best.