Challenge 42...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited July 7, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
The last couple of days were very productive for me. At borders I read a couple of chapters of "Understanding Exposure" and now all the sudden my pictures are coming to life (at least more than previously). So here's the one that I chose...

26932738-L.jpg

What do you think?
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    The last couple of days were very productive for me. At borders I read a couple of chapters of "Understanding Exposure" and now all the sudden my pictures are coming to life (at least more than previously). So here's the one that I chose...

What do you think?
    Thats a very interesting shot Mike. Great lighting and composition.. really works for me thumb.gif
  • Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2005
    Sounds like a Book I should read
    I almost always screw up a shot like that. You did an excellent job of picking a focus point. I’m immediately drawn to the couple in the corner discussing “fishing”. Have to say that your photograph has a very intimate feel to it. Something you usually don’t see with people fishing shots. Nice.

My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:

26932738-L.jpg

What do you think?
    Hehe what do I think, I think I need to read that book.

I dont know why, but they way you shot this photo has really drawn me in, its one of those gut feelings, I can pretty safely say that if this same scene was taken with a point and shoot I wouldnt feel the same way.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    I like the lighting and colors on this shot. Great job! clap.gifclap.gif

Erich