Park fun

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in People
Took the boys to the park today and tested out my SAL16-105 although wasn't quite used as a wide angle in this photograph. This is my first time using a wide angle so can someone tell me why there is a black border on the top of several of my photos. Thanks C&C on the picture if you will :D .
Thanks
park1.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Took the boys to the park today and tested out my SAL16-105 although wasn't quite used as a wide angle in this photograph. This is my first time using a wide angle so can someone tell me why there is a black border on the top of several of my photos. Thanks C&C on the picture if you will :D .
    Thanks
    I like this shot, even with the black border, actually. You could probably crop the shot a bit to get rid of a bit of the black, if you wanted? Or use a bit of anti-vignetting in post to get it to be less.

I'm not familiar with that lens, but it (the black edge) is significantly present, though. Is this on all the shots? or just around 16mm? Is it on one side only in all the shots? It almost looks like part of a hood that shows up in the shot.
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    I like this shot, even with the black border, actually. You could probably crop the shot a bit to get rid of a bit of the black, if you wanted? Or use a bit of anti-vignetting in post to get it to be less.

I'm not familiar with that lens, but it (the black edge) is significantly present, though. Is this on all the shots? or just around 16mm? Is it on one side only in all the shots? It almost looks like part of a hood that shows up in the shot.
    Thanks for the comment!
    hmm I didn't even think about that (it being around 16mm) I will have to check. Thanks!!
    Courtney