twirly

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I shot these today with this challenge in mind, but not sure I got exactly what I pictured in my head. I can't decide which one. I like number one better, but I don't know if it gives off the twirly feel that number two does. What do you think? Do these give you the feel of "movement"?

648907682_qq8oX-L.jpg

648918266_gR38J-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    I like #1 much better. Does she ever wear a skirt or dress? If so, twirling is really enhanced visually by the flaring out of the skirt. Even without, her hair is great in the first one to tell you what is happening, and her expression is great!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    I vote for # 1.
    Great photo--I do get motion--I don't know if I get twirl necessarily, so maybe a title change?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    What a cutie! I go along with #1 being the stronger of the two.
    If a reshoot is possible, maybe scout out a location with a less busy background. Or maybe shoot more from above so as to get more grass as the background, and to get her feet in.
    Definitely feel the movement there!
    I also agree with maybe having a different title, although nothing is coming to mind, I will keep thinking about it
    Overall though I think you have a great idea and subject! Good luck!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    By the end of this challenge, she'll be saying, "Mommy, don't make me go out and play with bubbles, again!!!!" :D
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    I also vote #1 and a title change. I would use something simple like "bubbles", but that's just me :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    yeah I was thinking this morning that I need to reshoot with the same idea but change some things. And have to think about a different title I guess. She was twirling around with the bubbles, but just sort of threw the twirly title there. I'll see what I can do tonight.

adbsgicom-I wish she would get sick of bubbles, she always makes such a mess with them!
    Mine's 10 and still loves playing with them. Though the mess is generally less and she can clean up after herself (when she so chooses or is prodded).
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site