Starting from nothing

2»

Comments

• SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Not sure of the version, but whatever the latest you can get from Adobe.

Reindexing the HD helped immensely though, the install didn't mention it, and I know just enough to be dangerous! Thanks for the help!
  • 80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    All quiet on the OP front but I made my decision - now sitting in front of a 17in Macbook Pro. What a beauty - the computer that is, not yours truly!

Glad you're liking you're new computer! :D We have decided to get an imac... but as we are still homeless (10 more days until our tenants move out and we reclaim our flat!) we are waiting until we have somewhere to put it. Hopefully the rumours floating around that new imacs are about to be released proves true as that will drop the cost considerably for us. The price in Australia is set based on the exchange rate with the US dollar at time of release. When the current generation imac was released it was 60c to the dollar, now it's at 87c... that will save us a few hundred, particularly as there are predictions the US dollar price will drop a bit as well!

Of course if the laptop dies before we get the flat back, we may have to buy the computer early. It started making a disconcerting clicking sound tonight..headscratch.gif
  • timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Lr
    As a FYI, I just got back from 4 months doing the 4 corners of the US/Canada, took ~15K pictures using LR 2 and a recent model HP laptop (I forget the model number, but it had Visa 64 bit, 2-500G drives, 8G of RAM, and a 17" monitor) - and everything worked like a dream. I had one issue where the laptop wouldn't power up after being shut down over night in a high humidity environment, but a call to HP tech support got it back up and running inside of a half hour.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc