1. Lauren Lemon style
3919578592_caca748349.jpg

2. Up close
3918793481_1124c01f17.jpg

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    Hi Eric,

I love that first one! very nice. You caught her at just the right time. Did she jump up from ground? or did she jump up/of from something?

I like what you have done to the second one, to. It seems that you shot her wide-angle almost? Although the shot is great, I don't think the wide angle is extremely flattering. I think that a slightly longer focal length could have been a little bit nicer.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif

Looks like you we both having some fun with this. Nice mid-air grab!

One other piece of advice that I've seen numerous times here is the very mild top-of-the-head crop tends to look accidental.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    adbsgicom wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Looks like you we both having some fun with this. Nice mid-air grab!

One other piece of advice that I've seen numerous times here is the very mild top-of-the-head crop tends to look accidental.

It was shot w/ the 35 f/2, I wanted an up close portrait. I took another one or two and they don't have the head cropped, but I preferred this one @ the time.
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Eric,

I love that first one! very nice. You caught her at just the right time. Did she jump up from ground? or did she jump up/of from something?

I like what you have done to the second one, to. It seems that you shot her wide-angle almost? Although the shot is great, I don't think the wide angle is extremely flattering. I think that a slightly longer focal length could have been a little bit nicer.

She jumped from the ground. I was laying down on the ground shooting up.

Nikon 35 f/2
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    I'm always amazed at the exaggerated sense of separation that low angle creates. When I shoot pictures of my daughter's little cheer group (really just an tumbling/dance execise program), they look much higher than I ever recall them being when I watch from a higher vantage point.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    She was at least a few feet in the air, girl got hops :)