1st pic in my "studio"

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 15, 2009 in People
My dh painted the room over our garage bright white for me and cleared out the junk we stored there after our youngest moved out. I have claimed it as my studio, it is kinda cool, the only room at the top of the stairs, has a large north facing window and it's own bathroom. About as perfect as I am going to get!
Of course my grandson was my first subject, along with his family dog Harley. They are on a futon, left over from my youngest. Nothing exciting or grand, but a fun pic!

649315334_WsBwJ-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Cute shot.

I'm jealous of your new, dedicated studio space. Enjoy!!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Very cute! And I'm doubly jealous of your wonderful-sounding space, since I don't even have a garage to play in like Mitchell :D
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    Awesome shot - can't stop staring at his expression lol!

I'll third the jealousy on your studio - I only have a couch -_-
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    How cool is that! I have a garage apartment I was turning into my studio however it has since become a storage room for clothes and such since I was going to start my own clothing store.. now I'm not so I have to find a way to get rid of all the clothes and make it my studio again! How exciting for you!!:D
    Courtney
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Btw... have you considered cloning the sofa right up to the top of the frame? It makes for a really cool background without the "stripe" left by the wall (just played with it in my browser window). The colour scheme is pretty cool too, between the blue denim/eyes and "yellow" dog - it looks like you totally planned it that way!
  • photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    Such a cute shot... love the expressions on both! Absolutely adorable... :-)

Have fun in that new studio of yours!
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    Congrats on the new studio space, and your first product from the new space is very cute!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    divamum wrote:
    Btw... have you considered cloning the sofa right up to the top of the frame? It makes for a really cool background without the "stripe" left by the wall (just played with it in my browser window). The colour scheme is pretty cool too, between the blue denim/eyes and "yellow" dog - it looks like you totally planned it that way!

yes I did think about that, but I was in a hurry to post it...:ivar
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    Mitchell wrote:
    Cute shot.

I'm jealous of your new, dedicated studio space. Enjoy!!

Well my large window cannot compete with your wide open garage door, but I do have a "dressing room"!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    Thanks everyone that responded! This AM I had a more formal shoot, I'll post one of those soon.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Thanks everyone that responded! This AM I had a more formal shoot, I'll post one of those soon.

OMG his expression is priceless.. so cute!
    Congrats on the studio!
    GG