DSS #33 C&C Energy

NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited September 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey all! Here are my contenders: Let me know what you think. If need be, I would be able to do a re-shoot. Weather is supposed to be beautiful here all week long.
649946654_iPS5a-XL.jpg

649945575_Exbua-XL.jpg

649943851_HAxfv-XL.jpg

4. Similar to #3
649942039_cFn4P-XL.jpg

So, let me know what you think.

ETA:
Ok, so I went out again tonight to see if I could get anything else. This is what I got, let me know what you think:
654607034_RX5tM-XL.jpg
654614856_JbTe8-XL.jpg

654612818_uXbNW-XL.jpg

654613998_FBXEA-XL.jpg

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Nice. thumb.gif

I love the sky in #2. And the composition works.

I prefer the single line in 3 & 4, with the light in 4 giving it the edge over 3. If you do a reshoot, see if you can get a little more separation between the 3rd and 4th windmill.

I don't understand the folks that object to wind power on aesthetic grounds. To me, they are graceful and beautiful.
  • NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Nice. thumb.gif

I love the sky in #2. And the composition works.

I prefer the single line in 3 & 4, with the light in 4 giving it the edge over 3. If you do a reshoot, see if you can get a little more separation between the 3rd and 4th windmill.

I don't understand the folks that object to wind power on aesthetic grounds. To me, they are graceful and beautiful.

My parents were recently approached to have some built on their property in MO. They were up here this past weekend, so we took them on a drive of SE MN. They wanted to know what they sounded like, get up close to them, see how intrusive they were to the fields. If the contract looks good, they will most likely go for it. clap.gif I too agree, I think they are incredible to watch and look at.

And thanks for the feedback!
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    I agree. I do like the line and sky in #4. My only suggestion might be to try to take a longer exposure to get more of the movement of the blades. Maybe use a ND or GND filter for that.

Out here in Seattle, close to The Gorge (Vantage), we've got a farm of about 60-100 windmills, and they just mesmerize me everytime I see them!

Great idea! Definitely have something here. :D

Brian
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    My vote is #2 all the way. Best exposure and composition of the group. The blades are moving, so you've got that, but it also could show a movement in the ideology of American culture and it's approaches toward energy (like "Shifting to The Left" - the shot of Pres Obama).

Maybe I'm reading too much into it :D

Anyway, lovely shot and I think it deserves to be entered.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    I like #2 a lot. Although if you could get the comp of 4 with the lighting of 2, that would be awesome. thumb.gif
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    I really like the motion you have in #3 with the colors in #2, any chance for a reshoot! (I think the vertical shots work best with the subject, IMO) great conceptthumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    I added 4 more, let me know if any of these float your boat! mwink.gif

I will tell you though, if anything, these challenges will make me get out there and practice. It is making me more aware of what I am doing.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    Like the original set better. Too much motion blur in the second set, IMO.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site