Options

Cropping issues, client waiting for order

jreverjrever Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited September 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just received by first order using SmugMug. All of the images should have been cropped by the client but they instead asked me to do it. I can understand why they asked me to do it instead of doing it themselves.

The Adjust Crop and button to next image does not work; I get a blank screen. And the cropping process itself is too slow, I have 84 images to adjust.

I want to simply crop on my desktop then upload the cropped images and replace the images in the order. I do not have the time to adjust each online and wait for each individual upload.

I have the order on an 8-day delay so I'm not panicking, yet. But if SmugMug requires that I do all cropping online, this is simply not going to work for me. I will have to cancel the order, crop, upload to a separate gallery and have the client re-order. In the client's eyes that makes me look bad and it makes SmugMug look bad too, so I hope that's not the case.

Please let me know.

Jon

jonreverephotog.com

Comments

• Options
    TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    You can do a replace image after cropping on your desktop, as you noted. Cropping is usually very fast, so not sure what's going on.

Nothing logged here, but you might keep the link handy:
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/

Lastly, just email the Help Desk. Usually get a quick response.
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2009
    Thanks Ralph.

I did see some other posts regarding a blank screen after clicking the "next" button while cropping. So the speed loss - and frustration of the client - is trying to get to the next image. She had to click the "back to gallery" button which put her back at the beginning. When I tried doing it in visitor view and in owner view the result was the same as that of the client.

Anyway, I'll try the Help Desk as you suggest. I need an answer soon.

TxTortoise wrote:
    You can do a replace image after cropping on your desktop, as you noted. Cropping is usually very fast, so not sure what's going on.

Nothing logged here, but you might keep the link handy:
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/

Lastly, just email the Help Desk. Usually get a quick response.
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    jrever wrote:
    Thanks Ralph.

I did see some other posts regarding a blank screen after clicking the "next" button while cropping.

The 'next' button doesn't work for me either. I have to hit the 'back to order' button.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    jrever wrote:
    Thanks Ralph.

I did see some other posts regarding a blank screen after clicking the "next" button while cropping. So the speed loss - and frustration of the client - is trying to get to the next image. She had to click the "back to gallery" button which put her back at the beginning. When I tried doing it in visitor view and in owner view the result was the same as that of the client.

Anyway, I'll try the Help Desk as you suggest. I need an answer soon.
    We'll fix that next button, sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks Andy...
    Andy wrote:
    We'll fix that next button, sorry.