Kinder Scout

NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited September 15, 2009 in Landscapes
Taken from across Kinder Reservoir and the rocks seen in the background are the site of an intermittent 30 metre waterfall known as Kinder Downfall.

646960088_p8a2s-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    This is quite a beautiful place! The arrangement of the land from left-right-left-right makes the composition so interesting. I think shooting at this location at sunrise or sunset (anything but midday) might really bring this feature out. thumb.gif

I'd love to see closer shots of that waterfall, if you can catch it when it's running!
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    That one was taken at 5.14pm, just over two hours before sunset. Light still too harsh?

We've been over to that waterfall many times, but that was before I had any interest in photography. I fully intend to go over there again, later on in the year, to get some closer shots of it when it's rained enough for it to be at its best.

On the sunny day the photo was taken Kinder Scout looks innocuous enough, but that hill has claimed lives. Once on its extensive plateau there are few landmarks and the weather can change in the blink of an eye.