Order review - replace photo sends you back to the gallery

ZotzZotz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited September 25, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is this normal behavior, or a problem?

During Order Review, when a Replace Photo operation has completed, the browser is sent to the photo gallery instead of the Review page. This behavior, among other annoyances, wastes big amounts of time over the course of replacing many photos.

What's the story?

Thanks...
Rick -Z-
Zotz Shots

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Bug, been addressed - I'm very sorry. It'll be fixed in the next release cycle, I expect.
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    just about to post about this one too... couple real annoying time wasting "upgrades" lately. :nono:nono
    edited September 17, 2009
    yet another backasswards solution... when you go to replace, open all of the images in new tabs. Select the replacement file, start it upgrading, and wait for it to go back to the gallery screen. After they are all done uploading and going to the gallery screen you can close them, go back to the original sale tab, check all the crops, etc, etc. Not as annoying as nicenames, but still annoying.
    sirsloop wrote:
    just about to post about this one too... couple real annoying time wasting "upgrades" lately. :nono:nono
    I know you're trying to be funny but it's not - this was a bug, we acknowledged it, we feel terrible about the inconvenience, and it's fixed internally awaiting a push to the live site. I'm really sorry for the hassle :(
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    Andy, you actually sound annoyed with his statements:

I was a Computer Science student for 2 years of my time at Rutgers, so I know how the coding process works...3 new features, 6 new bugs...it happens.

Just surprising since you guys strive so hard to make things perfect before releasing things. A lot of us put up with the long time between releases because you strive so hard and succeed at being perfect! But when we wait so long, and it adds bugs to processes that pros rely on, you can't expect us all to say, "It's ok, we'll forgive you again"

Just my 2 cents...

PS: I found his comment hilarious, to be honest, and I don't understand why you seem to take so much offense to it! ne_nau.gif
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
    Andy, you actually sound annoyed with his statements:

I was a Computer Science student for 2 years of my time at Rutgers, so I know how the coding process works...3 new features, 6 new bugs...it happens.

Just surprising since you guys strive so hard to make things perfect before releasing things. A lot of us put up with the long time between releases because you strive so hard and succeed at being perfect! But when we wait so long, and it adds bugs to processes that pros rely on, you can't expect us all to say, "It's ok, we'll forgive you again"

Just my 2 cents...

PS: I found his comment hilarious, to be honest, and I don't understand why you seem to take so much offense to it! ne_nau.gif
    Nope, not annoyed at all :D We love direct, honest feedback, we thrive on it.

This was just a dumb mistake, we're all human :D
    Hey, any time I have to email in about an order or something I've had great service. Users have a different perspective on things than the programmers... so they really need the feedback on whats good AND bad from us. Photographers in particular are process freaks... always looking for a way to cut some time off the extracurricular activities so we can (FINALLY) get to bed, or back behind the camera rolleyes1.gif
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Bug, been addressed - I'm very sorry. It'll be fixed in the next release cycle, I expect.

Fixed! Sorry for the hassle.

-Anne