Rideau Falls spills into the Ottawa River - Pano

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi gang,

Tried my hand at another pano. This image consists of 9 stitched images.

651066708_TdQKg-X3.jpg

Peter

9650314_Ehs67#651066708_TdQKg-O-LB

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Hi Peter, what an incredible view! The midday light is pretty harsh so it's always best to shoot when the sun is at a lower angle. But you've still got some great puffy white clouds and I just love the waterfall to the left. thumb.gif
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Peter, what an incredible view! The midday light is pretty harsh so it's always best to shoot when the sun is at a lower angle. But you've still got some great puffy white clouds and I just love the waterfall to the left. thumb.gif

Thanks schmoo . . .

I was luck that some clouds appeared. We were bike riding for about 10 miles before we came to this spot. The sun was beating down on us for the entire ride. This spot would have been ideal for the a sunset pano.

Peter
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    hand held? you did a great job stitching...
    have you tried slowing your sutter speeds down with a ND filter? give it a try if you haventthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    hand held? you did a great job stitching...
    have you tried slowing your sutter speeds down with a ND filter? give it a try if you haventthumb.gif

Thanks Aaron :-)

The images were hand held shots. I had my small Canon SD1100 and set it to manual mode and as wide as possible. Then created the stitched image with PTAssembler.

I do have Pentax K20, but have tried filters on it. Should check out what the ND Filter is all about . . .

Peter
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Nice results handheld and with that midday light.

A graduated ND would work well here. It would darken the sky somewhat and reduce the dynamic range. Also, a circular polarizer would help darken the sky.