Options

highway in the sky - a different view of I-90

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited September 17, 2009 in Landscapes
well, it's sort of a landscape... maybe... actually, it's a shot of westbound I-90 from the Denny Creek Trail, a couple of miles west of Snoqualmie Pass... ;)

IMG_0266smrdx.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    I love the subject here - cold hard concrete that looks like it's growing out of a deep green jungle thumb.gif

This shot is a bit noisy though, which I find distracting. :( Is this from processing? I bet the exposure for this was quite difficult, shooting straight up and the bridge/trees being backlit.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I love the subject here - cold hard concrete that looks like it's growing out of a deep green jungle thumb.gif

This shot is a bit noisy though, which I find distracting. :( Is this from processing? I bet the exposure for this was quite difficult, shooting straight up and the bridge/trees being backlit.

thanks... there's actually very little noise visible in this size, though if you enlarge the image, it does become more noticeable. this was a "quick-n-dirty" job using ReDynaMix, which can sometimes pull noise out of shadow areas.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Very nice shot, Rocky! I've never seen this perspective. What a good eye you have! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com