Options

Ordered My First Blurb Coffee Table Wedding Album

dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited September 21, 2009 in Weddings
I've been working on this album for a few weeks now and I just ordered it tonight. You can view the first 15 pages here...

http://www.blurb.com/books/858646

It's 126 pages - I ordered it with premium paper and ImageWrap for the cover. Let me know what you guys think!

Website
My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
| 580EX II & 430EX

Comments

• Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    I've used Blurb for a few years now, and I was very impressed when they added the premium paper and imagewrap options. I think you will love it! It's a great option for my clients (wedding and portrait alike) who are on a budget, but want a well put-together album with high quality materials. Blurb is also top-notch on their customer service...if a binding starts to fall apart down the road, they will replace the album!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Blurb commercial there! Love the album, and I am sure that the client will like it. (That's what I meant to say!!) thumb.gif
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    I will be curious to hear how it comes out. I did some test books with them and they are not consistent. The pages were good, but the covers weren't as nice as I was hoping.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    I will be curious to hear how it comes out. I did some test books with them and they are not consistent. The pages were good, but the covers weren't as nice as I was hoping.

Same here. I did my first photo book with them (that was some years back), but the books were falling apart after only a couple customers looked at them, and the colors were off ne_nau.gif As I said, that was some years back, hope they got some stuff fixed. Good to hear they added a premium paper option to their services.

Let us know how it will workout for you deal.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    Yep, same here to all that Sheri and Angie said.
  • Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    They have a new service that is supposed to address the color profiles, and give a more consistent color. Also, if a binding breaks at any time....they will replace. Their customer service really is excellent, so I would suggest contacting them to resolve any issues. I have yet to see any inconsistency in my color. The B3 workflow also addresses the cover color issues, and has a dedicated machine for printing.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    pwp wrote:
    They have a new service that is supposed to address the color profiles, and give a more consistent color. Also, if a binding breaks at any time....they will replace. Their customer service really is excellent, so I would suggest contacting them to resolve any issues. I have yet to see any inconsistency in my color. The B3 workflow also addresses the cover color issues, and has a dedicated machine for printing.

They did replace my books, but after I had to replace 4 of them in a row the whole thing seemed to be pointless to me + I bet you can't get a new book anymore after 3 years, and those are supposed to last a lifetime .... anyway, the might have changed their services .... just saying.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    Agnieszka wrote:
    They did replace my books, but after I had to replace 4 of them in a row the whole thing seemed to be pointless to me
    Agreed. I'd rather have up-front quality than free customer service. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    We have used blurb for books for the last two years. We have an expensive book and an inexpensive book option in our packages.
    We have never had a problem with their quality, for the money they do a very good job, the clients love their books.
    You did a nice job on your book by the way, as you do a few more you will be able to cut your time dramatically.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Looks really nice with the custom background! I used blurb with premium paper and image wrap for a boudoir client and we both enjoyed what we got.

I find if I am including text, for like personal work, Blurb is my weapon of choice.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    dawssvt wrote:
    I've been working on this album for a few weeks now and I just ordered it tonight. You can view the first 15 pages here...

http://www.blurb.com/books/858646

It's 126 pages - I ordered it with premium paper and ImageWrap for the cover. Let me know what you guys think!

Great job on your layout and photos too! You let us know what you think.

I along with others was less than pleased with my first go at Blurb. I had made photo books through another vendor with surprisingly good results when I decided to try Blurb....since it was a SM thing....I tossed mine in the trash when I saw the photo quality....turned right around and ordered from my old vendor: all fine again.
    tom wise
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    For what it's worth, I used Blurb to design the yearbook for my kids' school for the last two years, and the quality was good. They've held up to the wear and tear of kids. Of course, I wasn't looking for wedding album quality. The premium paper made a difference, and image wrap on hard cover looks good.