Taken near Ladybower reservoir, UK.

651649944_YRJtS-L.jpg

Comments

• NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Doesn't anybody have anything to say?
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Thanks for the bump! I can definitely notice that you waited for the better light for this shot, and it shows. Composition is really good here what with the curves of the land, reflection, and the shoreline. thumb.gif
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    Very nice, Nyte! clap.gif The comp is indeed wonderful, but I wonder how it might have looked with 2/3 bottom and 1/3 above the horizon. Did you take any that way, by chance?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    schmoo wrote:
    Thanks for the bump! I can definitely notice that you waited for the better light for this shot, and it shows. Composition is really good here what with the curves of the land, reflection, and the shoreline. thumb.gif

Thanks, schmoo. Yes, the shot was taken in the 'golden hour' before sunset.
    thapamd wrote:
    Very nice, Nyte! clap.gif The comp is indeed wonderful, but I wonder how it might have looked with 2/3 bottom and 1/3 above the horizon. Did you take any that way, by chance?

Thanks, thapamd.

I gave the composition a lot of thought, but I couldn't have included more land to fill the lower two-thirds due to the terrain. I'd have to had shot either from above or had bushes and trees obscuring the water.