27007391-M.jpg

26906579-M.jpg

26906552-M.jpg

27007540-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2005
    I like #1. The others are great shots. You're a brave man getting that close to a mommy bear and her babies.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2005
    I like the bars'
    I actually like this one. If this was my shot I would be told to soften/blend the 'things' on the left and right side of the frame. They don't bother me, but some people are real 'purists' about stuff like this. For me... I like the 'stealth' feel of the shot. Catching a rare moment with this bar' family. The birdie silhouette is kewl, but I'm just attracted to the bar' shot.
    thumb.gif

26906579-M.jpg
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2005
    The bear cup on his own really works for me. The one where they are climbing the tree is second...
    Great shots
  • Options
    thallidaythalliday Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    Lone Cub
    I like the cub practicing his mauling techniques on the tree. "His bite is worse than his bark!" blbl.gif
    -Tom

A photographer and his money are soon parted.
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    Second one may work out even better if you could crop in a bit more. I know that seems like it will be too cramped but I think the shot would benefit from an "up close and personal" feel. I don't think the framing helps you right now so cropping it out should be OK. That said, this is a great capture!

Erich