Cowboy Drummer

imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
edited September 18, 2009 in People
Here's a drummer from the famous Hardin-Simmons University Cowboy Band! They were really moving and I was playing with my new glass (70-200mm f4.0L)!!!!

As always, c & c welcome!!!

650239532_Qum7r-L.jpg
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    Hi Marjohn,

I'm going to just take a guess..... this was shot in... Texas? :D

Cool capture, maybe you should contact the band? I like the color combinations in the shot; The pants and shirt seem to go well with the building in the background.

The thing that looks a little weird to me, is his feet/legs. Mainly because of the thing he is wearing (not sure what you call them in english) and the timing, it seems like he is standing on one leg. I think this is idea is made even stronger because you used a relatively high shutterspeed. It freezes the subject really nice, and makes everything look really sharp, but the sense of movement is taken out a bit. If you had a bit of blur in the hands/legs it might give a different feel to it. But, that's just me.

All in all, a nice shot for sure!
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Marjohn,

I'm going to just take a guess..... this was shot in... Texas? :D

Cool capture, maybe you should contact the band? I like the color combinations in the shot; The pants and shirt seem to go well with the building in the background.

The thing that looks a little weird to me, is his feet/legs. Mainly because of the thing he is wearing (not sure what you call them in english) and the timing, it seems like he is standing on one leg. I think this is idea is made even stronger because you used a relatively high shutterspeed. It freezes the subject really nice, and makes everything look really sharp, but the sense of movement is taken out a bit. If you had a bit of blur in the hands/legs it might give a different feel to it. But, that's just me.

All in all, a nice shot for sure!

Hi Ivar & thanks for the comments!!

Yes, this was shot in Abilene, Texas, and this band is truly fairly famous amongst the marching bands of the United States. Those "things" on his legs are called "chaps" and I've gone into Photoshop and added a little brightness and blur to the bottom of his chaps. Does this help or hurt the photo???

653549114_TqdP3-L.jpg
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography