DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited September 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Taken in downtown Fargo, ND.

652289499_myFdL-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Nice contrasts. Good eye in seeing this as an image.thumb.gif
    Not totally sure, but I think I'd like that other building on the left to be gone. Can't be sure, though. Still like it the way it is.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice contrasts. Good eye in seeing this as an image.thumb.gif
    Not totally sure, but I think I'd like that other building on the left to be gone. Can't be sure, though. Still like it the way it is.

I know what you mean about the building on the left. It bothered me too, but I liked the snow on the ledges :D Not a reason to keep it in the photo tho. Had a worry that if I cropped it off it didn't give the steps much space.

Maybe I should head back and re-take it this winter. This type of photography interests me when downtown, but I'm so worried that someone will think I'm window peeking and call the police. So I take my photos from a distance if I can or not at all.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    Dogdots wrote:
    I know what you mean about the building on the left. It bothered me too, but I liked the snow on the ledges :D Not a reason to keep it in the photo tho. Had a worry that if I cropped it off it didn't give the steps much space.

Maybe I should head back and re-take it this winter. This type of photography interests me when downtown, but I'm so worried that someone will think I'm window peeking and call the police. So I take my photos from a distance if I can or not at all.

Nice shot and good conversion. Shooting buildings from a distance can have the advantage of getting less perspective distortion, unless you are shooting with a tilt-shift lens. I don't mind the building on left--without it, the stairs would be too close to the edge of the frame. Even buildings like breathing room.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Well done Mary Kim..... azzaro
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    I like it thumb.gif
    Randy
    Richard wrote:
    Nice shot and good conversion. Shooting buildings from a distance can have the advantage of getting less perspective distortion, unless you are shooting with a tilt-shift lens. I don't mind the building on left--without it, the stairs would be too close to the edge of the frame. Even buildings like breathing room.

Thank-you Richard :D
    Azzaro wrote:
    Well done Mary Kim..... azzaro

Thank-you Azzaro :D
    rwells wrote:
    I like it thumb.gif

I'm glad you liked it Randy -- I almost dumped it, but have been holding onto it.