New Pentax Entry-Level Camera

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
edited September 18, 2009 in Cameras
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• James HJames H Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Pretty impressive feature set, but wow, the Red variety looks um... different, to put it kindly.

I wonder if that's an IR receiver in the front of the hand grip - for a remote? Can't think of anything else that could be, especially since a hand is there most of the time. No remote listed in the box though, must be an extra.
    --James

Homepage - James Hill Photography

• GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    It is too bad they lost the top LCD of the K200D. I use it constantly, and find it hugely useful as I'm still learning and like to verify settings at a glance.
    James H wrote:
    I wonder if that's an IR receiver in the front of the hand grip - for a remote?

quite likely - that is where it is on the K200D.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    James H wrote:
    Pretty impressive feature set, but wow, the Red variety looks um... different, to put it kindly.

I wonder if that's an IR receiver in the front of the hand grip - for a remote? Can't think of anything else that could be, especially since a hand is there most of the time. No remote listed in the box though, must be an extra.

Hoya did some market research and discovered that there was a potentially untapped market for more friendly-looking (i.e. body-colored) SLR cameras.

It will be interesting to see if people react to non-black SLRs the same way they do to Point-and-shoots, where making multiple colors available has apparently been quite successful.

I'm sure the strange creature known as the photosnob is already rolling its eyes at the idea of a red or green or blue SLR. I say that anything that gets quality cameras in the hands of users is great for everyone. deal.gif