Minas Basin, Nova Scotia

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Great beach to explore. This red sand beach sits in the Bay of Fundy. The tide is incredible here. With at change of 55ft you need to make sure you're well aware of the tide as it's coming in . . .

653190811_BAqpF-L-2.jpg

Peter

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    The tides roar in at an amazing speed so when you're exploring, particularly around the Hopewell Rocks, knowing the tide table is critical to your safety. I live in New Brunswick close to the Bay.iloveyou.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    What a beautiful view, Peter. And I love having the person in it to provide a sense of action and a sense of a story.

I'm fascinated by the enormous tides at that latitude. Someone posted a shot several months ago of a pier at low tide that had barnacles and all kinds of things growing near the top. Incredible! 55-60 feet is really nothing to sneeze at. thumb.gif
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    Snowgirl wrote:
    The tides roar in at an amazing speed so when you're exploring, particularly around the Hopewell Rocks, knowing the tide table is critical to your safety. I live in New Brunswick close to the Bay.iloveyou.gif

The speeds are amazing. Quite the scene when the tide comes in . . . Nice part of the country you live in Snowgirl!
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    schmoo wrote:
    What a beautiful view, Peter. And I love having the person in it to provide a sense of action and a sense of a story.

I'm fascinated by the enormous tides at that latitude. Someone posted a shot several months ago of a pier at low tide that had barnacles and all kinds of things growing near the top. Incredible! 55-60 feet is really nothing to sneeze at. thumb.gif

Thanks shmoo :-)

Here is shot at low tide:

653297300_kmFm2-L.jpg

Peter