Another order issue

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited September 18, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am now getting afraid to open order emails. Now, apparently even though I have proof delay on, an order just went to printing right after it was ordered. Folks, there have been lots of issues lately. Can someone please tell me what's going on now? The order in question is #1174117. Even though my email says they are delayed, the order page shows them as printing. These pictures NEED to be cropped and replaced with high resolution images.

A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    RKnecht wrote:
    I am now getting afraid to open order emails. Now, apparently even though I have proof delay on, an order just went to printing right after it was ordered. Folks, there have been lots of issues lately. Can someone please tell me what's going on now? The order in question is #1174117. Even though my email says they are delayed, the order page shows them as printing. These pictures NEED to be cropped and replaced with high resolution images.

Hi,

Sorry for the false alarm. This order tripped a flag on our end to check for fraud (due to the large shipping cost). I've released it so you should have all your proof-delay controls just fine now.

We are regularly checking and releasing flagged orders around the clock so you've probably never caught this happening before. I will see if I can put a more helpful status on your proof-delay page so you'll know why you don't have tools yet.

-Anne
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    Thank you Anne. It's been a frustrating week for me so far.

• RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    Just out of curiosity, do you call the customers to make sure the order is legit? I noticed this is going to American Samoa. Oh wait, the address is the same as her US address. Perhaps a mistake?

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    RKnecht wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, do you call the customers to make sure the order is legit? I noticed this is going to American Samoa. Oh wait, the address is the same as her US address. Perhaps a mistake?

Great catch. If the order looks suspect, we will reach out to the customer via email and/or phone to verify. In this case, it was obviously legit. I didn't catch the address error (though thankfully the lab would have).

I'm going to go ahead and replace this order with a correct address and drop your customer a note.

Thanks for your sharp eye on this one!

-Anne

EDITED TO ADD: Oops! Looks like you also contacted us on the Help Desk and Wendee has been helping on this one. I'll let her do the follow up and make the necessary changes with the lab.