Arches National Park

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited September 20, 2009 in Landscapes
This was the first park on our trip, we left around noon Seattle time and got to Arches about 15 minutes before sunrise. We scrambled around a bit to try and find our way in the dark to a place we've never been before.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the park.

#1: Illuminated by moonlight. I want to revisit this park under a new moon and get some shots of the arches and the Milky Way.

652812427_FuMWE-XL.jpg

#2: Same shot at sunrise. I'm still amazed how the sandstone just lights up, one of my favorite parts about the Southwest. This may appear oversaturated but this is how it looks in person.

652805097_GSihN-XL.jpg

#3: From the inside of Double Arch. If you look in the background at the arch that looks like a middle finger (maybe it's telling me something?) that's Turret Arch which is the same arch in the first two photos.

652124473_NT4cD-XL.jpg

#4: Had to shoot the "License Plate" arch while I was there, as did about every other resident in Utah. A word of advice: Do this shot on a weekday and not Labor Day weekend. I liked the reflection of Delicate Arch, and it was a brilliant red for about 2 minutes right at sunset.

652112393_SjiVn-XL.jpg

Comments