DSS #33 - Running out of time (& ideas) C&C please

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited September 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Since my second idea didn't work out too well I have returned to my original thought to try & get some more workable shots.

#1 Passing through
653991428_5WKMw-L-1.jpg

#2 Lift Off
653992924_r4dAX-L-1.jpg

#3 Float like a butterfly
653992028_FhN6B-L-1.jpg

#4 In-flight Entertainment
653990871_Kn2kH-L-2.jpg

How do these fitting the theme?
I know the horizon is off in #1 & #4 :bash, I will try for better ones later today but they had moved the ramp this morning for the beginners class (I'm hoping they put it back & the weather improves)

Thanks for looking & C&C

Peter
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    All 4 shots show movement really well. thumb.gif

#1 - As you pointed out, the slant is pretty evident. I can see a judge commenting on that and how the other water skier in the background is distracting.

#2 - Totally awesome! Not only did you capture the jumper well, you also caught the water coming off his board and the jump exceptionally well. This one's my favorite. IMO there's a lot of drama and detail in this one.

#3 - Nice, but nearly as much a jaw-dropper for me as #2.

#4 - The slant is not too bothersome. There's something about the overall balance that doesn't seem right to me, perhaps a horizontal orientation would have been better here. But I really do like the jumper and the way the pattern of the water is streaming off the board.
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    richtersl wrote:
    All 4 shots show movement really well. thumb.gif

#1 - As you pointed out, the slant is pretty evident. I can see a judge commenting on that and how the other water skier in the background is distracting.

#2 - Totally awesome! Not only did you capture the jumper well, you also caught the water coming off his board and the jump exceptionally well. This one's my favorite. IMO there's a lot of drama and detail in this one.

#3 - Nice, but nearly as much a jaw-dropper for me as #2.

#4 - The slant is not too bothersome. There's something about the overall balance that doesn't seem right to me, perhaps a horizontal orientation would have been better here. But I really do like the jumper and the way the pattern of the water is streaming off the board.

What she saiddeal.gif #2 is it!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    +1 for #2!
    Very nice capture!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Linda, Karin, Andrew & Gail

Thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated.

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams