Eclipse or E2

KinzKinz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited September 19, 2009 in Cameras
I have searched and searched and can't get a definitive answer for this. Can I use E2 swabs to clean the sensor on a D200? I ran out of regular Eclipse swabs, but I have some E2 swabs that I use for my D300. Just wondering if I can use them, or should I wait to get more of the Eclipse swabs. Thanks
<!-- / message -->

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited September 19, 2009
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    Re-reading your question, I did ask PSI whether it was safe to use E2 on older sensors:

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=906607&postcount=1
    ziggy53
  • KinzKinz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    Yes, I've seen this. But even though it doesn't list the D200 compatible with E2, it lists the sony DSLR-A100 compatible with it. But, the sony has a CCD sensor too, so I guess I'm curious why the D200, with a CCD sensor made by Sony can't be cleaned with the E2 swab.
    sorry, we must have answered and replied at the same time. I see now your answer about the use of E2 and the standard Eclipse swabs. I'll try the E2. thanks.
    Ok, did the swab with the E2. The photo on the computer after the swab looks good; so more spot or streaks, although I was scared at first because it looked like I saw streaks on the sensor after I swabbed. I ordered the regular Eclipse swabs, so I'll use one of those when they come it and maybe because of the difference in solutions, the streaks that I see on the sensor will go away. But at least that black spot is gone on my pics now -- that's a relief. Thanks for your help and input.
    Kinz wrote:
    Ok, did the swab with the E2. The photo on the computer after the swab looks good; so more spot or streaks, although I was scared at first because it looked like I saw streaks on the sensor after I swabbed. I ordered the regular Eclipse swabs, so I'll use one of those when they come it and maybe because of the difference in solutions, the streaks that I see on the sensor will go away. But at least that black spot is gone on my pics now -- that's a relief. Thanks for your help and input.

I'm glad this worked out for you. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Ooops, I meant "NO more spots or streaks" (not SO more....) I just went out and took some pictures, so I'll see how things look, but from what I saw with a couple I took out my back door, it looked ok. Thanks again.