Time

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited September 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
TIME......
653837080_W7ErS-L-2.jpg
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    Hi Art,

I've always enjoyed your work. I have to be honest, though, about the use of your " proof " endorsements....I know why you do it, but it sure is counter-productive to my appreciating any subtleties or critical nuances that your picture may have. I find I can't avoid an inordinate focus on " proof " and the real virtue of your work is lost.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    Interesting shot and processing!
    There are a couple of little things that were likely intentional, but I don't understand why you went that route. First, the right side is clipped; we don't have quite all of the clock face or the roof of the clock tower, or the end of the "One Main Place" sign.

Second, the left side is oddly shadowed. We get all of the roof but none of the wall. Seems like the fade/cut should be been at an angle going down the side. Did this happen naturally?

One nit: All of the numbers on the clock look totally crisp, except 6. Any idea why that is?

I think the subject material is great and having it floating in the abyss is very cool.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Hi Art,

I've always enjoyed your work. I have to be honest, though, about the use of your " proof " endorsements....I know why you do it, but it sure is counter-productive to my appreciating any subtleties or critical nuances that your picture may have. I find I can't avoid an inordinate focus on " proof " and the real virtue of your work is lost.

Tom

Tom,
    Thank you and I always appreciate your comments and your work........I am looking in to a change in my watermark...........maybe something more like andy's with the big X running corner to corner.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Interesting shot and processing!
    There are a couple of little things that were likely intentional, but I don't understand why you went that route. First, the right side is clipped; we don't have quite all of the clock face or the roof of the clock tower, or the end of the "One Main Place" sign.

Second, the left side is oddly shadowed. We get all of the roof but none of the wall. Seems like the fade/cut should be been at an angle going down the side. Did this happen naturally?

One nit: All of the numbers on the clock look totally crisp, except 6. Any idea why that is?

I think the subject material is great and having it floating in the abyss is very cool.

99.9% of all of this is as shot....all the lines are as they lay naturally....the clock is shadowed by very tall buildings and there were some every strange shadows that morning.

the 6 is not chrisp and sharp due to the dirty glass....looks as if the glass cleaner allowed the cleaning solution to just run and then it dried sorta translucent milky........uhhhhhh just nasty looking......like a very large bird bombed your windshield and then your wipers did not get it perfectly clean......

The idea behind having the ONE Main Place sorta vanish is dealing with time.....do we have enuff or are we gonna vanish........so I had to find the correct angle to get it to fade out like that........

Thanks for the comment and questions....appreciate it....
    may be I should go snap a square on from those 2 sides so you can see the old clock in all its natural daytime glory..................

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    Ahhh.... Sometimes I'm not picking up on metaphors as readily as I should. Within that whole metaphor, there's something apropos about some of the time being defocused (or covered in bird-doo).

Thanks for clarifying.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site