Lens Cleaning

2»

Comments

• chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    The broom seemed to me to be a bit too small to be in correct proportion with the figure (?).

N

Yeah, the broom was supposed to be an extra touch, but has been difficult to blend well. I'll probably end up getting rid of it completely. The proportion should be correct, I shot with same position and FL as the human and reduced its size by the same proportion.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 1, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Yeah, the broom was supposed to be an extra touch, but has been difficult to blend well. I'll probably end up getting rid of it completely.

Good thinking. If you can get it right, terrific, but if not, the image is strong enough that it is not necessary.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Yeah, the broom was supposed to be an extra touch, but has been difficult to blend well. I'll probably end up getting rid of it completely. The proportion should be correct, I shot with same position and FL as the human and reduced its size by the same proportion.

Yep, when you measure it all up it's correct, but somehow its distance from the figure puts it out of reference to it and to the lens instead, against which the eye sees it as smaller than the figure. It's an illusion. I suggest try it a little bigger.

I think! ne_nau.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Yep, when you measure it all up it's correct, but somehow its distance from the figure puts it out of reference to it and to the lens instead, against which the eye sees it as smaller than the figure. It's an illusion. I suggest try it a little bigger.

I think! ne_nau.gif

Neil

Thanks for the tip. I think the broom is causing more trouble with the illusion than its worth. When I reshot the lens, I also shot the broom and a bucket with a rag on top. The bucket looked really fake so I ditched it, the broom I thought wasn't too bad, but the more I look at it I do agree there are problems with the color balance and shadowing in respect to the rest of it.
    I do think it would be nice to try this same shot on a grand scale- really do it up with a background such as a warehouse, puddles underneath, etc. Maybe one day.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. I think the broom is causing more trouble with the illusion than its worth. When I reshot the lens, I also shot the broom and a bucket with a rag on top. The bucket looked really fake so I ditched it, the broom I thought wasn't too bad, but the more I look at it I do agree there are problems with the color balance and shadowing in respect to the rest of it.
    I do think it would be nice to try this same shot on a grand scale- really do it up with a background such as a warehouse, puddles underneath, etc. Maybe one day.

As long as you're having fun, Chris, onward!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Chris-

This is such a creative idea and so well executed!!! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

I agree with you about dropping the broom--it's a nice idea but I don't think it works as well as the straight Lysol wipe. This would be a great theme for a Challenge too!

LOVE IT!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Fun shot, Chris!

I say change the broom for an air compressor; everyone uses air to dust their lenses, these days. mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Fun shot, Chris!

I say change the broom for an air compressor; everyone uses air to dust their lenses, these days. mwink.gif

Leaf Blower for something that big, surely…

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 4, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Leaf Blower for something that big, surely…

lol3.gif It's kind of an inside joke, but I like it.