#33 - another try

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited September 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
We actually went out so I could experiment with ambient+flash for portraits on this sun-kissed hillside, but we had some fun doing these silly pictures while we were at it. I feel like it's not necessarily the most original or creative interpretation of the theme, but was pleased with how they came out (since the light was pretty, and I've yet to manage a successful jump shot before these!) Thoughts?

1. "Exuberance"
654635451_4aYB8-L.jpg

2. "Exuberance" 2
654634725_VMCic-L.jpg

3. "Exuberance" 3
654634343_SsNft-L.jpg

4. "Power Puff Girl"
654635033_Z42hF-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2009
    #1 !!!

I think that the stop motion here captures the idea much better than the blur would.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    #2 looks the most real, like you caught her in a moment. And the light in that one is so beautiful.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    #1 & #2 are both great but I'd go with #1.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    #1 because it looks like she's really feeling it. You caught her mid-air really well, too. The others are nice too, but they look too posed for me in that she's looking right at you.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Thanks all. So what do we think vis-a-vis an entry: the fan blades (which are like nothing else posted, but technically lacking), or the more typical "movement" of the jumpshot which is technically better, but a bit less creative? headscratch.gif

I'd really hoped to have a jousting shot by tonight (we went to our local Renaissance Festival today), but alas we missed it.... :cry (Great day out otherwise, however - will be posting shots in People later!)

FWIW, I'm leaning towards jumpshot #1....
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    My personal take is creative and technically well done over better technicals and less creativity.

That said, I'm usually wrong (only guy in the house), so you should swap pictures just based on that. Plus your daughter is cute, so that gains votes as well....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site