I Remember When I Was Needed And Cared For......

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
655095748_goLoU-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Like it was yesterday... yes... :D
    Michael
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    Love it!! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Hi Tom.......Nice pic..... love the colors..thumb.gif. azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    I didn't know what I was going to see with the title, happy to see it was a tractor :D

Very good. I like the colors and the oldness of the tires. The title is a good one for this old piece of machinery thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    very cool shot....old farm equipment is always a fav of mine when I am out in the country shooting......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    Very nice. I often think about those kind of things when I see discarded equipment like that. Also part of why I have a 32YO AE-1 sitting on my desk. Soon as I have the room I want to find an old tractor to restore, that would be a very fine candidate.
  • Matt_cMatt_c Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited September 21, 2009
    Excellent color!

Like the cracks in the tires too. That thing hasn't been moved in a long time.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    Nice shot, Tom! Love the bright colors and the overgrown weeds and old wood==all add up to a fine image.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    A fine shot Tom,

You know I need my "rust fix" at least weekly.

Love the colors/processing, & particularly the lens/perspective/tilt that you've chosen here. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    Hey Michael,

Yea, just like yesterday.:D

See you,guy

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for your support.

Take care,

Tom
    Hi Azzaro,

That's high praise from the color master himself. Thanks for the comment.

Be well,

Tom
    Hi Mary Kim,

Thanks for your input. I see so much of this old machinery when I'm in the mountains that I tend to forget how neat a picture it can make. I pass this old tractor all the time as it's only about 1 mile from my house up there.

Take care,

Tom
    Hi Art,

I'm with you....I find this old farm equipment very interesting. A lot of the time I don't know what a particular piece was used for, but I know I like it.
    Thanks for your support.

Take care,

Tom
    Hi SKnight,

Thanks for the comment. Bringing an old car, tractor, truck.....what have you....back to life is good for the soul. I hope you find one that's right for you.

Be well,

Tom Knight
    edited September 22, 2009
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for looking in. That old tractor has been sitting in that spot for as long as I can remember.....a faithful old war-horse put out to pasture.

Tom
    Hey Lauren,

Thanks for the comment. This scene is repeated many, many times in the mountains.....the machinery may change, and the old barn may change, but the general scene exists all over the place. I'll be going back up there for the fall leaf change soon....I can't wait. The mountains are my spiritual home.

Tom
    Yo Randy,

You and me, brother....we've got to get that rust fix.

Actually, the " tilt " in this shot is not contrived. The tractor is sitting as close to level as it appears. That old barn is, in reality, leaning way off vertical to the left. The single board leaning against the barn at the far left is vertical in position. Out of view, there are six or seven big poles extending from the roof down to the ground at around a 45 degree angle. These are the only support that keeps this barn from completely collapsing. I see the old farmer in the thing all the time....he's a damn sight braver than I would be.

Ride safe,

Tom