DSS #33 - Feedback Please

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited September 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
The weather was gorgeous today and I had the chance to take some photos.

This is my original entry:

653674640_35KsM-XL.jpg

And, I am considering replacing it with one of the ones below. Could you folks please give me some C&C on these so I can make up my mind? Thanks.

#1 - Lunging for Lunch
655517978_4vr9p-L.jpg

#2 - Stearman Biplane Taking Off
655517283_Efj59-L.jpg

#3 - Stearman Biplane Landing
655517622_U9E9N-L.jpg

Comments

• JC3dJC3d Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    The weather was gorgeous today and I had the chance to take some photos.

This is my original entry:

653674640_35KsM-XL.jpg

And, I am considering replacing it with one of the ones below. Could you folks please give me some C&C on these so I can make up my mind? Thanks.

#1 - Lunging for Lunch
    655517978_4vr9p-L.jpg

#2 - Stearman Biplane Taking Off
    655517283_Efj59-L.jpg

#3 - Stearman Biplane Landing
    655517622_U9E9N-L.jpg

I like #1 but #3 is probalbly better for the theme. I really like the plane and the motion. Maybe tighter crop? John
  • JC3dJC3d Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    My mistake. I meant picture #2 (the third picture). John
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    I like your current entry Linda, but I definitely can feel/see movement better in #2(the first plane pic) Great capture!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    I'm very partial to the original in part because it is very unexpected. I think the first plane picture #2 is really rather good and would be my first runner up for the contest. As I noted to Diva, I'm generally wrong so you may take my endorsement of the orginal as a kiss of death....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    I do like your flag entry, but I gotta say (and it could be the pilot in me), the bi-plane shots are SWEET! Which one to enter is hard to say. I like the lighting and reflection off the prop in #2, but I like the crop and comp of #3. I don't know...I don't know! ne_nau.gif I would say IMO, #3 all the way!thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    One of the planes. I really like De Monet, but the planes are very themeworthy... and such fun shots!!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Thanks for your comments, everyone! thumb.gif I think I'm going to go with a biplane shot.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    I like the flag and the plane.... hard choice, so I am glad you have already decided. :)
    We have the International Aerobatic Championships in town this week. I can't wait to get out there in the morning. I got some interesting shots last year but just the fun of watching was enough for me.