Buck Creek

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Landscapes
Northwest weather was gray once again for the past weekend. With no views, it was stream exploration once again. Buck Creek is a small creek which drains the eastern slopes of Mount Dickerman, a popular but strenuous hiking destination. There is no trail so this was 100% Cascades bushwhack. I'm looking forward to exploring the area deeper than I was able to during this outing..

655887764_ZRnXB-L.jpg

655894206_fAwKT-L.jpg

655889647_ZxXTe-L.jpg

4. This photo is messed up a bit. I didn't pay attention to the sunlight while taking these so there are some flare spots which I've tried to minimize a bit
655890593_nLtaD-L.jpg

655891787_ZrXRM-L.jpg

655898275_sdJYg-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    Hey Steve, this is just beautiful. In the middle of summer it's nice to see something cool and green, indeed. thumb.gif Love the soft water and the spots of sunlight you caught, too.
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    I must get here
    Wow, I don't make it out that area, but I may have to make a special trip away from the Gorge to get here! I like them all, but more so 1,3,5,&6 with 6 being my favorite!

Great set!
    Lee Wiren
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Steve, this is just beautiful. In the middle of summer it's nice to see something cool and green, indeed. thumb.gif Love the soft water and the spots of sunlight you caught, too.

Thank you, Shmoo. I think the conditions got a nice touch up since we've finally had a few storms roll through during the last 2 weeks to freshen things up..
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    Some beautiful scenery, lovely series. well done. number 1 and 6 are my favs. Great color variety and good compos.