Gainesville Fashion Week

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in People
Yes, Gainesville, Florida has a fashion week :)

Here are a few SOC shots... I haven't had a chance to do any PP yet, but I plan to work on a few soon.

I got all caught up in the spirit and went for "artsy" (consider yourself warned).

645110563_NpskZ-M.jpg

645108852_6DcVb-M.jpg

3. This might be my favorite of the whole night... I just love it.
645082087_sqEFM-M.jpg

645084112_Bfk8p-M.jpg

645095306_EWpNc-M.jpg

645106898_Lxuce-M.jpg

645086890_27e3m-M.jpg

645090898_7fuos-M.jpg
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    I really enjoyed seeing these when you posted them as challenge potential, and still like 'em thumb.gif One thing to consider is that if you wind up doing more of this kind of event is that presumably (Nik et al, can you jump in on this?) any potential client/buyer in the fashion industry would probably want to see the details and lines of the clothes more clearly, which in these you can't. I love the effect and "artsy" works for me, but just something to think about!

Really neat set - fun!
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    Thanks! You have a great point... if I were trying to capture the fashion, these shots should be much, much cleaner! I didn't even think of that as I went in trying to shoot for the 'movement' challenge and wanted to go with "artsy". Next year I'll go for a bit of each :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    You definitely got some 'artsy' shots there thumb.gif

I really like #7 actually, it's just a nice shot especially with the shadow.

I think that some (like #1, #2, #4) would don't really lend themselves for being artsy, and I think I would have preferred them to be less so, if you know what I mean. I noticed that the shutterspeeds are really low sometimes (as low as to 1/2). I think you easily could up the iso a bit if you need higher shutterspeeds.