Two Girls in the Arboretum.

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited September 21, 2009 in People
I'm practicing photographing toddlers in different settings and conditions.
It was a very sunny day just fyi--Also I'm not posing them but just letting them have fun and hoping to walk away with some good shots.

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

656318168_vGt86-XL-1.jpg

655715199_ELNS6-XL-1.jpg

3. We were on a hill--so photo looks slanted.
655805182_gZQ5N-XL-2.jpg

655801423_XAmW7-XL-1.jpg

5. Experimenting with lensbaby.
655708742_XwL6C-XL.jpg

6. Second shot with lensbaby.
655780388_d7hvS-XL-1.jpg

7. Third shot with lensbaby

655788898_4sp3o-XL-1.jpg

8.Not a posed shot--we live in NYC so it's not often she gets to run barefoot in grass--it was a new sensation for her--kid looks disgruntled, lol.

655816530_AM3Fy-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    I think you have some really nice compositions here thumb.gif

I think your color is off in a couple of them (3/8 look a bit blue, and I think 1 is a bit green). I wish that one blade of grass through her eye wasn't there (but then the moment would have been lost by the time you fixed that). I wish some of the focus was a bit sharper (like #1) but if they are moving a lot, that's a really hard order.

Nice job capturing some lively and moving targets. 1/4/8 are my faves of the bunch.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    I use to love sunny days, until I realized how hard they are on photography. Some fun shots though.

<---hasn't got a clue what or who lensbaby is, or why someone would name them/it that.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    CyberSteak wrote:
    I use to love sunny days, until I realized how hard they are on photography. Some fun shots though.

<---hasn't got a clue what or who lensbaby is, or why someone would name them/it that.

A Lensbaby is a lens--There are different kinds, I have the Muse--It's a gadget I guess--I really like it, but it's not for everyone and it's not easy to master--I'm far from mastering it.

If you manage to get the sweet spot it's oh so sweet--everything outside of the sweetspot is gradually blurred and even distorted once you bend the lens--yes the lens bends to move the sweetspot around and the lens is focused by pressing the lens into the camera--

BTW-I love sunny days too--There has to be more I could have done to get better shots--I probably should have worked with my flash more. I wanted to go to shadier spots but the girls were having a field day running around in the sun, who was I to put a stop to that?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I think you have some really nice compositions here thumb.gif

I think your color is off in a couple of them (3/8 look a bit blue, and I think 1 is a bit green). I wish that one blade of grass through her eye wasn't there (but then the moment would have been lost by the time you fixed that). I wish some of the focus was a bit sharper (like #1) but if they are moving a lot, that's a really hard order.

Nice job capturing some lively and moving targets. 1/4/8 are my faves of the bunch.

That blade of grass kills me too on # 3-but I still really like the shot. It's one of my best so far:D --which probably doesn't say much since the color is off toorolleyes1.gif . But it is an improvement a huge one so I am happy.

My favorite is #4--I love it--Her little evil grin (the word mischief comes to mind) blows my mind and makes me brace myself for the future.
    Liz A.
    _________