Need cc on senior pics (my computer busted)

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited September 22, 2009 in People
I was butchering moose for the year when I found out this girl was a senior who didn't have any senior pics for her yearbook at school and she couldn't afford to get any. Since they are friends of mine I agreed to snap a few but we only had about 15 minutes to do so. I did just happened have my camera that day (as always), but no Speedlight flash or reflector board. Wouldn't you know it, the sun was bright where all the senic shots were. So I did use my on camera pop up flash (first time ever) and I came up with this.....but my real problems here is that my computer died thus I am on a barrowed laptop that has the crummiest screen. I know this screen is not even close to calibrated and I cannot do calibration because its so old that its not calibrating with the software I have. My question to you with the calibrated monitors....
1. Is the contrast ok on these?
2. color?
3. are the whites blown?

I do not have cs4 uploaded on this computer so had to use an older version of psp.

656510989_EaehF-L-1.jpg

656510563_6qgF2-L-1.jpg

656511200_Lyk4H-L-1.jpg

656512487_39DtZ-L-1.jpg

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 21, 2009
    ok...well thanks anyway for looking. I had to send number one to the yearbook staff as they needed it by last friday apperently. So any adjustments now are not going to happen. I just hope they are not too bad. This computer I am on is so bad that all images (even from those who are excellent photographers) look terribly off in color and brightness. I have tried to fix this monitor...just have to get a new computer...but the cost is sooooo expensive for what I want! Maybe I should lower my expectations?headscratch.gifeek7.gif
  • NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    A little late, but love #2. There are some areas where it is blown, like in the crook of her elbow and on a little on the shoulder, but otherwise it looks good.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 22, 2009
    Netter wrote:
    A little late, but love #2. There are some areas where it is blown, like in the crook of her elbow and on a little on the shoulder, but otherwise it looks good.

Thanks Netter. I did an hdr filter on that one. Out of curiosity...do the others in this set look flat to you? I might consider printing them out for the girl...but if I need to boost the contrast some then I will. I REALLY am having a hard time with this monitor.