Implied Motion - Waterfall take 2

brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
edited September 21, 2009 in Landscapes
So I took everyone's advice, went back under different lighting conditions and re-shot some of these and added a few new ones - these are straight from the camera with no PP, a few now that I look I will need to straighten - sorry about that did not have time to do that yet.

656576767_7NVAi-M.jpg
656578911_FMgR2-M.jpg
656581489_r2FHm-M.jpg
656590325_MUQ5k-M.jpg
656594198_rZKmd-M.jpg
656587656_RezWC-M.jpg

Comments

• chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    Looks like you did better this time around. what time of day did you shoot these? Looks like the light is still a little harsh on the trees. You could probably save some of that with a little processing and maybe trying to blend some HDR. I think if you shot real early in the morning or late in the day you would get some great light and maybe even some rays shining through the trees. thumb.gif
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    chrismoore wrote:
    Looks like you did better this time around. what time of day did you shoot these? Looks like the light is still a little harsh on the trees. You could probably save some of that with a little processing and maybe trying to blend some HDR. I think if you shot real early in the morning or late in the day you would get some great light and maybe even some rays shining through the trees. thumb.gif

These were shot around noonish - I work out this way and never get a chance to get out there early. I might have to try late afternoon if I work late one night :)
  • MarcyMarcy Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    these are much better than your first ones - if you have a polarizer filter or a GND type filter that can help too - but these are nice shots
    Marcy wrote:
    these are much better than your first ones - if you have a polarizer filter or a GND type filter that can help too - but these are nice shots

thank you :)

These were actually shot with the polarizer - forgot to mention that.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    These look a lot better! (not that the other ones didn't look good:D )
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    Sexy6Chick wrote:
    These look a lot better! (not that the other ones didn't look good:D )

HA!! The others were def. blown - all the CC got me thinking - I know I can do this better - just listen to what the others say and learn from it :) so I tried again.

Thank you BTW :)
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    Muchhhh Better!
    These are a lot better! I really like these a lot. You know...... go back around late afternoon going on to dusk (or just at sunrise). I really like #6, there is a fall in my area that has this where the water flow lazily flows in a semi circular pattern out of the frame. Use a grad filter (circular I am being told is best), try for a 2-4 second exposure, throw the leaves in upstream, (using a delay shutter so you can leave the frame mwink.gif) then let the open shutter soften the water and streak the leaves as they float out of the frame. This is just an idea for you, may make a cool shot (may not). I like the comp on 6 though, great shot, I look forward to seeing more from you.

cheers

Lee
    Lee Wiren