Boholscapes '09: Followers of The Light 1.0

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in Landscapes
600 km of land trip, 7 coastlines, century old churches, 2 sunrise, 2 sunsets and 1 Light source. A Travelogue when 3 Light chasers embark on a 3 day exploration with a goal to share a different side of Bohol.

This will be dedicated to the beauty Bohol holds. Showing the most remote locations, that it is not just about Tarsiers and Chocolate Hills but a story of untold greatness. Join us in this quest to follow the Light!
ISO 50 l 20mm l f6.7 l .7" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
3943793471_cd2526a8fa_o.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• hkdigithkdigit Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    It's beautiful! thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    hkdigit wrote:
    It's beautiful! thumb.gifthumb.gif

thanks hkdigit.rolleyes1.gifcheers!
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Great seascape! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Again, just beautiful! The green rocks really "ground" the softness of the waves. Wish I could be there watching the ocean :D
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    This is outstanding. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I love it and appreciate the EXIF info. Now I have to go research Boholne_nau.gif

Dan
    Nikolai wrote:
    Great seascape! thumb.gif
    thanks nikolai, all the best!iloveyou.gif
    schmoo wrote:
    Again, just beautiful! The green rocks really "ground" the softness of the waves. Wish I could be there watching the ocean :D

thanks schmoo! we were blessed with a lot of foreground, waves that day! will be posting more.thumb.gif
    dlplumer wrote:
    This is outstanding. I love it and appreciate the EXIF info. Now I have to go research Boholne_nau.gif

Dan

hi dan, thanks for the comments.wings.gif Bohol compared to Cebu is a bit laid back for me.. and yes when you comeover the Loboc cruise will be memorable!
    <hr style="color: rgb(19, 22, 25);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->
    <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Valencia is a 4th class municipality in the province of Bohol, Philippines. According to the 2007 census, it has a population of 28,043 people. It is on the southern coast of Bohol, 42 kilometers (26 mi) from the capital Tagbilaran City. - wikipedia

ISO 50 l 22mm l f11 l 20" l ND8 l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3944764738_bc0c28332d_o.jpg
  • Barry1Barry1 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    The green on those rocks in the second photo is incredible. My 17-40L keeps whispering - go ahead, try a 5DII out, then we can take photos like that! Nice work!
    "Every photo turns a moment into history"
    Canon 40D, XTi, 17-40L, 70-200L f4 IS, 50 1.4, 28-105 II, 18-55, Nikon FE2 and lenses, etc.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    You continue to astound with your images and show your country's beauty in a wonderful light!
    edited September 23, 2009
    Barry1 wrote:
    The green on those rocks in the second photo is incredible. My 17-40L keeps whispering - go ahead, try a 5DII out, then we can take photos like that! Nice work!

go ahead barry that combo will be best for landscape.. that will make you very happy im sure!rolleyes1.gif
    rainbow wrote:
    You continue to astound with your images and show your country's beauty in a wonderful light!

thanks rainbow i appreciate it alot.. i do hope you can visit our country especially the southern part.. cheers!
    This is the famous falls where 2 people were killed in a freak accident. Apparently, a flash flood came and in a matter of minutes the water level went high.

When we got there are no people at all. It just rained so probably the locals and visitors got scared that another flash flood can occur. But still I was amazed with the clear water and its natural beauty.

FULL STORY HERE> http://blog.venganza.org/17.php
    ISO 50 l 19mm l f13 l 10" l ND8 l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3947797106_1267b5339e_o.jpg
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    Stunning scenery and you captured it well.bowdown.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif Stunning is the right word! It's so hard to believe that such a serene place could cause some sudden danger. But I just love the soft water (of course! Your specialty :D ) and the two leaves the foreground.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    I enjoy looking at your work !
    superb job again !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    I enjoy looking at your work !
    superb job again !
    Cuong wrote:
    Stunning scenery and you captured it well.bowdown.gif
    Cuong

Thanks cuong and awais, cheers to you guy!rolleyes1.gif

schmoo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Stunning is the right word! It's so hard to believe that such a serene place could cause some sudden danger. But I just love the soft water (of course! Your specialty :D ) and the two leaves the foreground.

thanks schmoo appreciate it a lot. You know what, I was scared also and made sure that any sign of danger we will all bolt! Good thing there is a guide, by the way FYI the 2 bodies were found dead a couple of days later! really sad, Nature is an amazing thing!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    That last post is so beautiful and inspiring bowdown.gif
    edited September 24, 2009
    thanks dplumer that's important to us photogs continuously be inspires cheers!clap.gif

This is part of Panglao beach where we almost got "scared" to death.:bigeyes: On the lighter side I've never seen Mangroves up close and this made me love these plants more. If you would notice the left part is a bit thicker than the right side. It's because locals continuously plant them to increase its number in Bohol.:)
    #3 (NO HDR)
    ISO 50 l 21mm l f16 l 1" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3947900028_81eac4e743_o.jpg
    edited September 26, 2009
    Before going to the Sunset Mangroves' location this is where we got first. Unfortunately, there were no strong waves that time and foreground is scarce. We just have to make the most out it. Coral stones and patches of Land were visible so I used that as subjects. Converted most of the shots here to Mono.
    ISO 50 l 21mm l f11 l 1.5" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3949809687_8edf45753a_o.jpg
    edited September 27, 2009
    Our first sunset in Bohol! Man, we had a hard time looking for these Mangroves transferring from one location to the other! Literally it was Chasing the light! haha It was low tide that time so we were able to walk near the Mangroves (different from the earlier Panglao Mangroves). Sunset/Magic Hour for me is really surreal. This one certainly brings back memories of her...
    ISO 50 l 22mm l f16 l 4" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3950724098_24b8004c49_o.jpg
    edited September 27, 2009
    Our first sunrise in Valencia. We were there around 430am to do an ocular of the place. As soon as the first hint of light touched the ocean we went down and started shooting. This scene just got my attention and the waves are just crashing at Lem's feet. I know it would look crazy after wards!
    ISO 50 l 24mm l f16 l 1" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3954317827_40dc35e433_o.jpg
    edited September 28, 2009
    The Church of San Pedro in Loboc, Bohol is the second oldest church in Bohol. It was originally built in 1602, but soon reduced to ashes. In 1638, a stronger one was build. Located near the river, it has survived a number of floods. Inside the church, you can admire some remarkable naive paintings on the ceiling. - http://www.bohol-philippines.com/loboc-church.html

No hdr, no dodge/burning, no shadows/highlights adjustments
    ISO 50 l 20mm l f16 l 1/10" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3960144679_be02064f2e_o.jpg
    SUN-KISSED!
    ISO 50 l 20mm l f16 l 1.5" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3944836340_426fc6337b_o.jpg
  • Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    So peaceful. Great job on those. I love em.
    So peaceful. Great job on those. I love em.

thanks phil! cheers!rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 29, 2009
    Thanks Guys!
    edited September 30, 2009
    Good evening! Dynamic water is just a joy! thanks for looking!:)
    ISO 50 l 24mm l f11 l .7" l ND8 l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3968913912_6ec1d4e1b4_o.jpg