Sunset Moods with White Balance

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Landscapes
I know the sun is too centered but I was trying for the rains over the mountain. Anyway, just a subtle difference with the white balance. Is it noticeable?

657649544_gdeWg-XL.jpg

657649116_Q2USv-XL.jpg

657649817_GZwNx-XL.jpg

Comments

• MarcyMarcy Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    the 3rd one is my pick - I think because the fore ground seems a bit brighter or sharper - the shots are good anyway -
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Great shot, Eia! I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between those versions honestly. The first looks like it might have a better black point, but I'm not sure.

I would like to see the sun off set though, as you noted. That combined with a more prominent foreground element would be killer too. A longer focal length might have allowed the offset sun, as well as a tighter crop into the rainy area. Maybe food for thought for a future shoot.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    I agree that the difference between these are not blatantly obvious but I just love the shots. Great job on the Muench star too!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    Thanks All, I can see there is little difference after viewing it on the browser. The photos have a much notable difference viewed on my computer and print. Yes, I'll be out again... thanks much!