RE: Flashes

printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited September 23, 2009 in Technique
I'm just curious...like many of you, I'm sure, my camera goes everywhere I do. I am just wondering how many of you keep your speedlight (or additional flash) connected to your camera all the time. When just walking about, or sightseeing, do you rely on just the on camera flash or do you keep your larger flash attached?
~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    99% of all of my photography on the run is ambient light........I only use flash when I absolutely have too and now with using a D300 that doesn't arise to much except for portraits and weddings..............
    Street shooting, wildlife, nature, club shooting, drive by shootings......no flash..............
    Flash is always close by and usually turned on incase I need a weapon for a hasty get away:Drolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I bring just my cam...unless I have an agenda: I want this, or that...whether people or landscapes/macro. When I do bring it along, unless I am actively shooting, I have it in my bag around my waist.
    tom wise
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I usually have a bag with me, and my flash in the bag. However, sometimes I bring just my camera with one lens, and I put my flash on it so that I don't have to bring a bag (my camera doesn't have a built in flash, so I do usually bring it). I find it doesn't bother/hinder me in walking around/shooting, but if you are going for 'light' you might want to bring a bag.