Sutro baths, San Francisco

ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Landscapes
The infrequency with which I've gotten out and taken pictures lately is eclipsed only by how infrequently I actually process those photos and post them on online. So, when I recently went out to photograph the Sutro Baths in SF and actually managed to process the images I thought I may as well go for the trifecta and post something recreationally to dgrin (which never happens). I hope this is the end of a long dry spell.
657893283_Rs6Ar-L.jpg

Finally used my 10 stop ND filter which I picked up a while back and didn't get to use at the time, even got to use the extreme range of my tripod for the 1st time, stretched out to ~ 7'. I only fiddled with the contrast curve, cropped and added some vignetting
Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
SmugMug iOS Sorcerer

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    I hope so too!

Dude, I almost hate that you posted a description of your setup because I was hoping to get a shot this cool from this place. And now upon hearing that you have to be ~7 feet tall with a 10-stop ND filter, I'm outta luck :D
  • ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    Hah,
    well in that area is a steep sand grade so you can move further up (away from the ladder) and not need to be so tall... plus there is a ledge to stand on for the shorties (just don't back up into the swamp water)! thumb.gif However, 10stop ND filter 100% required for a 15+ second exposure.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    I recently came back from a visit to SF. This is a wonderful, moody shot. Terrific! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com