Think, submit, shine. My Friend Elsa in SF (C&C) Please.

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in People
A recent shoot I did with my friend from Health Class I had not seen in two years.

#1 Think
el1.jpg

#2 Submit
el3.jpg

#3 Shine
el2.jpg
Yeah the color is off on this. I am at work and stupid FB changed the color out put so sorry for the crap color quality.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 23, 2009
    I like the composition in 1 and 3. As you noted, the color needs some tweaking. It looks like you were shooting in some pretty harsh light. A reflector might have reduced the facial shadows some. Great low fog layer in #3. You might have tried to reposition so there was some space between her and the tree.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I really like the first one and the contrast with the lines created dark/light!

The second one could have been potentially better considering harsh light, if she had been turned toward the bars and side shot with flash or reflector fill.

The last is not my cup of tea, simply because of the composition. It basically says: Snapshot.

cheers,
    tom wise
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    I prefer #1 as well, followed by 3 and 2. The first one is a nice pose, nice b/w conversion. I'm not too crazy about portraits from people with sunglasses in general, but it's "a look" and it could work here. The 3rd one is definitely too cold/blue, as you mentioned yourself. On the second one I think the processing is a bit too much. I like the processing, but I think about 70% of what you have now would be nicer. I'm also not too crazy about the pose & angle. Did you happen to take one from a higher angle as well by any chance?