Image enlarging needed for online printing?

gfw123gfw123 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited September 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
If I am only going to upload my photos and have them printed by EZ or Bay, is there any need for me to have something like Genuine Fractals?

That is, should I enlarge my photos to the largest size needed, like 20x30, and then upload them or should I just leave them at my camera's native size (12.1 MP).

Do online print shops, like EZ, have high quality enlargers, or do the printers themselves have them?

I know Genuine Fractals can do other stuff too, but I only have Aperture and you need photoshop for most of that 'other' stuff.

--greg.

[EDIT: Maybe this isn't the right forum? Feel free to move if not.]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    gfw123 wrote:
    If I am only going to upload my photos and have them printed by EZ or Bay, is there any need for me to have something like Genuine Fractals?

That is, should I enlarge my photos to the largest size needed, like 20x30, and then upload them or should I just leave them at my camera's native size (12.1 MP).

Do online print shops, like EZ, have high quality enlargers, or do the printers themselves have them?

I know Genuine Fractals can do other stuff too, but I only have Aperture and you need photoshop for most of that 'other' stuff.

--greg.

[EDIT: Maybe this isn't the right forum? Feel free to move if not.]

Hi Greg- our labs handle all this, in a very expert and professional way :) Just upload all your original pixels, no need to upres.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Greg- our labs handle all this, in a very expert and professional way :) Just upload all your original pixels, no need to upres.
    I'll second that from personal experience of images 20x30 with "only" 8MP. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu