Mt Monadnock

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Landscapes
This past weekend I went on an overnight camping/hiking trip with my son's Boy Scout Troop. We camped at the base of Mt Monadnock in New Hampshire and then hiked to the summit the next morning. We had 9 scouts, 4 fathers, and 2 mothers. We couldn't have had a more beautiful day for the hike. Of course we reached the summit right around noon, I just can't seem to coordinate my activities with the prime photography times of early morning and sunset. The leaves are just starting to change, not very evident in the photos, if only we went a little later in the season (but still had this beautiful day!!). The pictures don't do it justice, but it really is a nice hike and you get an incredible 360 degree view from the summit. We could see Boston which is over 60 miles away.

#1 View from summit
658833211_hFNUK-L-1.jpg

#2 Panorama view looking North
658977071_jyzJ4-XL-1.jpg

#3 My son & I at the summit (I'm usually behind the camera)
658847318_hKNBc-L-2.jpg

Stephanie

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    What a beautiful vntage point! I'm sure your group had a memorable trip.
    I agree with those reds and browns creeping in- would be a great fall panorama for sure.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Wow Stephanie I love that you included the tiny people in your huge pano! I had no idea the view was that large until I noticed them. Looks like some spectacular foliage is on it's way for sure. thumb.gif