stitchingneon1.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• Options
    purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    Whoa. Now I feel stupid... What is that? :uhoh

Despite that it shocked me a bit (which actually might be a good thing). The colors are amazing and the photo is very clear. thumb.gif
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • Options
    Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    Yuk!
    I mean.... fantastic photograph. thumb.gif

Since I'm a sucker for funky abstract stuff... I really like it. What a nasty cut. I should have shot all my Hernia operation scars. Looks like the surface of Mars. Your photo is definitely different and it really reaches out and GRABS you.eek7.gif
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    KenundrumKenundrum Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    from all the ridges- looks like a hand or finger... really interesting color but looks like it hurt!
    Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes you find yourself, in the middle of nowhere
  • Options
    lpswimmer003lpswimmer003 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    Thats really cool!! thumb.gif I was going to take pictures of my stiches after my knee surgery, but I ended up with staples and they weren't very interesting. Did leave a cool scar though! I really like that shot, it's really unique!
    Aly

Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but it's still fun to watch them tumble down the stairs.:rofl
  • Options
    hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2005
    Excellent contrast. The colors are very cool too.

Good shot all around!
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2005
    Thanks alot everyone, It is a cut on my right palm from awhile back. I just thought it would be fun to try to take something kinda gross and make it colorfull and abstract tell it wasnt that gross anymore. Not really sure what I accomplished but it was fun, I have no idea what to call it tho. If the top mirrored the bottom it would look alot like a sewed up rainbow trout belly I think.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2005
    douglas wrote:
    Thanks alot everyone, It is a cut on my right palm from awhile back. I just thought it would be fun to try to take something kinda gross and make it colorfull and abstract tell it wasnt that gross anymore. Not really sure what I accomplished but it was fun, I have no idea what to call it tho. If the top mirrored the bottom it would look alot like a sewed up rainbow trout belly I think.

Best regards,
    douglas

Douglas,

Very creative... Makes my hand hurt just looking at it. :uhoh The colors are what make the picture I think.
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2005
    Nice shot, did it hurt? When I cut my finger it didn't hurt, it just went numb.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 6, 2005
    Creative work! As a veterinarian I think that it would make a cool "thread" to have people submit pictures of surgery scars! But.....then again....that's just me!
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2005
    Sandy wrote:
    Nice shot, did it hurt? When I cut my finger it didn't hurt, it just went numb.
    It hurt until the pain went away :D. Actually it wasnt that bad at all, just was a pain keeping it dry while it was healing.
    Thank you for looking and commenting.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    Douglas,

Very creative... Makes my hand hurt just looking at it. :uhoh The colors are what make the picture I think.
    Thanks for input aero-nut, and i agree the colors make the picture.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2005
    Caleb wrote:
    Creative work! As a veterinarian I think that it would make a cool "thread" to have people submit pictures of surgery scars! But.....then again....that's just me!
    Thank you Caleb, I think that would be interesting also.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    My first reaction was "yuk!" as well but the colors are pretty psychodelic so once you stop thinking about what it really is it seems to work as an abstract.

Erich