contemplating

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 27, 2009 in People
This photo intrigues me for some reason. I just wonder what is going on in her little head

659193061_R42os-L.jpg

Comments

• goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I really like it except I wish she was the only one in the picture.
    Courtney
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    I really like it except I wish she was the only one in the picture.

I love it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    Great shot. Love the light!!!!
    There's a funny parallel between this and the one Randy Wells posted a couple of days ago of the woman starting down into her drink....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    Thanks for the comments!

goldilocks-kinda thought about that, however i couldn't really go any tighter with the shot.

caroline..you're so sweet! ;)

Andrew- funny because I took this shot a few weeks ago and was just going through some last night and saw this. It reminded me of that post as well.

In case anyone had any doubt......

659192743_mTC5r-L.jpg
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    Hi Melissa,

I think I agree with Courtney about the first shot. Have you considered a square crop, so that you are left with the left side of the shot?
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    Oh, that light is just gorgeous! So is the little girl..lovely shot. My first thought, too was to make it a square to isolate her, but the more I look at it, the more I feel like the other child and the window frame give it context. Love it either way!
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    I LOVE the expression! I agree with the possibility of a square crop and I would try to take the plug out of the picture. Just my opinion.
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    love the light and the expression! Can't you get a 5x7 or 8x10 tight crop? I find the other child a distraction. I would also clone out the outlet.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
    I know the girl was distracting, but in some ways i thought it added a touch of depth to it...(and i don't mean dof), but in the context of the other little girl playing, and mine sitting over there by herself in deep thought. with the other girl out of the picture i don't get as much of the "loneliness" feeling. maybe it's just me...in any case here's a square

Oh and I guess it's ok to be centered on this sort of crop?? I don't have a lot of time to clone, but I would like the outlet gone.

660014559_wch3w-L.jpg

thanks!!
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    lilmomma wrote:
    I know the girl was distracting, but in some ways i thought it added a touch of depth to it...

I agree with you there. For me, there's more of a story with the whole context there. Not just a portrait of a little girl, but a portrait of *this* little girl in *this* environment.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    I agree with you there. For me, there's more of a story with the whole context there. Not just a portrait of a little girl, but a portrait of *this* little girl in *this* environment.

I completely agree Mari. To me it is a window that looks beyond the child in the foreground...you can imagine his conversation going on and you see this entirely unique situation in the back that is your focus. I like it all.....except the outlet ;)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    Gotta love this one. I love the expression, the lighting and the B & W conversion works so well. I love the cropped version better.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
    RBrogen wrote:
    I completely agree Mari. To me it is a window that looks beyond the child in the foreground...you can imagine his conversation going on and you see this entirely unique situation in the back that is your focus. I like it all.....except the outlet ;)

agreed on all accounts...which is the original reason I left the crop that way. But I can see how the other child can be distracting, just depends on how you're looking at it. and yeah i know, damn home builders...they need to put those things somewhere else! Don't they know I have pictures to take by the big pretty windows? rolleyes1.gif

i hate cloning in lightroom, i always end up with little circle blotches....but i suppose i'll give it a go.

Rhondavid- thanks!!
    lilmomma wrote:
    i hate cloning in lightroom, i always end up with little circle blotches....but i suppose i'll give it a go.

If you find a way to clone/heal without the circular pattern, let me know. Aside from fixing a zit or a small light, I do any linear object cloning in CS. If you don't have CS, this picture is too cute to not fix. I'd be happy to clone that out, or perhaps one of the other folks with much better PS/CS skills than I can do it.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    This is one cute little girl, and you caught her at a great time/pose. Love the B&W and lighting, for most of the image. (blown area on baseboard & floor is distracting)

I like the full image, or, for a crop: free crop ~ left side to just cut-out the outlet. Right side to just inside the corner seam. Bottom, just above her knees.

This would get rid of the offending areas without having to clone, and would provide a good comp. YMMV

Good job thumb.gif
    Randy
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    Really a cool shot. It is better with the other child cropped out. Nice job.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
    edited September 27, 2009
    thanks for the comments!

andrew, I don't have ps, and I suck at cloning, it would be great if you could clone that for me!

Rwells, i'll have to try that crop, then compare it to the outlet-cloned version. thanks for the suggestion!
  • blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    out let cloned
    i used the patch tool mostly
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
    Looks really nice there. That's your keeper....
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    perfect, thanks a bunch!!