Just driving down the highway in Wisconsin....

ElginetPhotosElginetPhotos Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Just driving down the highway in Wisconsin....

CrookedHouse3.jpg
Bill O'Neill - Media and Fire Photography

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    That is really a neat shot! I love the lines and the DOF. It almost looks like a model train set to me.

Nice!!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    I agree! How did you get the selective focus right to left about half way into the picture?
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • ElginetPhotosElginetPhotos Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    Joashots wrote:
    I agree! How did you get the selective focus right to left about half way into the picture?

You can move your focal point on most cameras. I also added a tinge more with Photoshop just to make the house and truck 'pop out' a little more. ;-)

We drove past this house on the way to the Dells and I told my wife we'd be making a special trip back there in the late afternoon when the light was right.

Could've been better later as the sun totally went down. The next night a storm rolled through and then cleared up and the sky turned a fantastic pink and orange! Of course, I was nowhere near the house though when it happened!

This was taken with a D300 and a Nikkor 80-200 2.8. I LOVE that lense!

Thanks guys.
    Bill O'Neill - Media and Fire Photography
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    This is really a cool and interesting photo. I agree with Lauren's comment about looking like a model train set. It has an unreal feel to it.

Cool and unique!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    This is sooo funny....makes me want to reach out and push it over with my finger rolleyes1.gif

I like how you took this photo thumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Dogdots wrote:
    This is sooo funny....makes me want to reach out and push it over with my finger rolleyes1.gif

I like how you took this photo thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif ! A great sense of humor in this shot and I just love it. I think a lot of us may have stopped to photograph such a house, but I bet hardly any other photographer would have thought to shoot it with the selective focus to add that extra bit of whimsy. :D