Franklin Falls

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Landscapes
took a little jaunt up to Franklin Falls near Snoqualmie Pass this afternoon. The water level's down after a hot, dry summer, but sometimes that makes for better photos than the usual raging torrent... and certainly keeps the gear drier! anyway, i had the place to myself, and had a nice relaxing picnic lunch on the side of the river, and got some pics while i was at it! ;) 5D, Tammy 24-135, various settings...

IMG_5642smcopy2__copy_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_5673copy_copy2__tonemappedsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    This looks like a great place for a picnic. I've never been to this falls but I'm now wanting to go. :D
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    Great job, Rocky! You did a fantastic job with the dynamic range. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    Very nice!!
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    Very nice Rocky! I really like the first one as it gives a real feel to the place. I almost feel that I was there!
    What kind of processing was done on the first one?

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    I really like the second one; it jumped out at me. Beautiful colors and a beautiful scene.clap.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    thanks, everyone!
    ront wrote:
    Very nice Rocky! I really like the first one as it gives a real feel to the place. I almost feel that I was there!
    What kind of processing was done on the first one?

Ron

Ron, these were both processed in PS 7.0 using levels to create different "exposures", then gently tweaked in Photomatix to bring out some of the shadow detail. the sun was moving onto the falls when i left, and i didn't bother waiting, as the bright light would have just blown out the water completely.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    squirl033 wrote:
    thanks, everyone!

Ron, these were both processed in PS 7.0 using levels to create different "exposures", then gently tweaked in Photomatix to bring out some of the shadow detail. the sun was moving onto the falls when i left, and i didn't bother waiting, as the bright light would have just blown out the water completely.

I really like what you did!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins