View from Veterans' Memorial Plaza

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This was shot in Veterans Memorial Plaza in downtown San Antonio. You can see the Tower of the Americas in the distance. The flag is lowered in honor of Sen Kennedy. You can also see the Korean war memorial statue just to the right and below the flag. I loved the dramatic skies that day so I used Topaz Adjust to enhance the contrast and colors. I also like the framing from the trees.

C&C appreciated.

Lauren

659408776_4ECLC-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    A nice image Lauren,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm seeing a marked improvement in your compositions and processing lately thumb.gif

And, do I need to buy you a clock? rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    Hi Randy-

Nothing for me to take the wrong way--I very much appreciate your comments, always. I am pleased to know you think my work is improving, both shooting and processing b/c I am really trying to pay more attention to both. I am always open to suggestions, encouragement, and criticism. That's the way to improve.

As for getting me a clock . . . don't bother. I'll only look at it and think "hey it's 0200" and turn back to the screen. Would prefer to be asleep then but at least I am retired and don't have to go to work! :ivar Now, how 'bout you? You must be on the night shift! rolleyes1.gif

Keep commenting on my work, please--you've helped a lot so far!

Cheers,
    Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    I like the framing. I wish the wind had cooperated a bit better to get a little more fullness to the flag, but still a very nice composition!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    Thanks, Andrew. It was hit-or-miss with the wind that day. I did get a few with a fuller flag, but the shots weren't as good.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Hi Lauren......I agree with Randy....Nice Pic. and much improvement... azzaro
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    Hi Lauren, great capture. You did a great job with the tonal range and exposure. The only thing I would suggest is removing some of the chromatic aberration around the leaf edges and also the white balance looks a little off- looks like there is a reddish hue. Great jobthumb.gif