Nauset Light

pjamespjames Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Landscapes
This was one of several lighthouses we visited on a recent trip to Cape Cod. I barely got to Nauset Light in time for this shot.
594944754_K9pyF-L.jpg
-Pat James
Pat James Photography
St. Louis Wedding and Portrait Photographer
http://www.pat-james.com

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Beautiful composition of a delightful scene. thumb.gifthumb.gif

I would recommend:

1. Removing the dust bunny just to the right of the lighthouse

and

2. Consider less processing within your HDR software to get a more natural image

In any event, it is very good.
  • pjamespjames Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    Thanks dl! I have just started experimenting with HDR, and as is the case I hear with many, I can tend to go overboard a bit for some folks taste. rolleyes1.gif I think I'm still in the stage of pushing it as far as I can go into the realm of surreal. I'm sure I'll come back to reality soon. As for the dust bunny, that's actually a light burst I added. The light in the lighthouse was not visible in the 3 bracketed shots I took, so I Photoshopped one in. You might be right, that looks like an imperfection more than the intended effect. Thanks!
    -Pat James
    Pat James Photography
    St. Louis Wedding and Portrait Photographer
    http://www.pat-james.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    pjames wrote:
    Thanks dl! I have just started experimenting with HDR, and as is the case I hear with many, I can tend to go overboard a bit for some folks taste. rolleyes1.gif I think I'm still in the stage of pushing it as far as I can go into the realm of surreal. I'm sure I'll come back to reality soon. As for the dust bunny, that's actually a light burst I added. The light in the lighthouse was not visible in the 3 bracketed shots I took, so I Photoshopped one in. You might be right, that looks like an imperfection more than the intended effect. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure Dan was talking about the dust bunny (light spot to the right ~ camera right ~ of the lighthouse, about 2/3 the way up), not the "light" itself.

I think this is a nice image. I don't subscribe personally to "too much/too little" HDR. Just like anything else, it is what it is...

I like "normal" images, and I like non-normal images. I don't think they have to always be only one way. YMMV

Keep experimenting! It's your "look" that your trying to find thumb.gif
    Randy