short session with a 3 yr old

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in People
3 yr olds are tough to work with! I finally sent mom downstairs because she would not let go of her leg and with the help of my daughter's dog got a few decent pics before she figures out how to open the door and go downstairs to join her mom ! lol This is a friend of mine and I was doing a little test run in my studio so she could advertise my services on her blog, plus being the 3rd child she had not had any real portraits done.
I plan to use the action shots in a story board type frame.

659869218_HSakS-L.jpg
659870611_23RAP-L.jpg
659870726_V7fQy-L.jpg
659870915_DnMNb-L.jpg
659879974_B4e4U-L.jpg
659879878_wjxAK-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• ERueERue Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    She is so darling! I agree, 3 is a hard age. My DD just turned 3, and she definitely wants to do her own thing.
    I love the second one.
    Erica
    40D | 50mm 1.8 | 28-75mm 2.8 | Metz 48 AF-1
    Erica Leigh Galleries
  • ajdocnhaileyajdocnhailey Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    I love the 2nd of the set :)
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    +1 for #2, and loved #1 when you posted it earlier as well.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    These are fantastic! I love that her Mom curled her hair! You really did a great job accenting her hair! My dd is also 3! TOUGH age for sure. FUN series!
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    VayCayMom wrote:
    3 yr olds are tough to work with! I finally sent mom downstairs because she would not let go of her leg and with the help of my daughter's dog got a few decent pics before she figures out how to open the door and go downstairs to join her mom ! lol This is a friend of mine and I was doing a little test run in my studio so she could advertise my services on her blog, plus being the 3rd child she had not had any real portraits done.
    I plan to use the action shots in a story board type frame.

Agree with everyone that capturing 3 year olds can be tough...I have one of my own & just when you think you have the perfect shot, she runs away or something else. I love the dancing shots (does my handle give me away?); it's unfortunate that her hands are blurry in them. Do you mind sharing your camera settings for these? She is an adorable girl and think you did a good job getting these pics in such a short time window.

Thanks for sharing!
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    adbsgicom wrote:
    +1 for #2, and loved #1 when you posted it earlier as well.
    I thought i was losing my old feeble mind.. I thought I had posted it earlier but then I could not find it, my windows explorer froze so I assumed it did not post. :) Thanks!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    Dancer72 wrote:
    Agree with everyone that capturing 3 year olds can be tough...I have one of my own & just when you think you have the perfect shot, she runs away or something else. I love the dancing shots (does my handle give me away?); it's unfortunate that her hands are blurry in them. Do you mind sharing your camera settings for these? She is an adorable girl and think you did a good job getting these pics in such a short time window.

Thanks for sharing!

My DD is also a dancer, so I know what you mean, a life long love.
    I used my Nikon d700 , 85 1/4 lens, ISO 200, f 2.5, 1/250
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    My DD is also a dancer, so I know what you mean, a life long love.
    I used my Nikon d700 , 85 1/4 lens, ISO 200, f 2.5, 1/250

Thanks for sharing these details...I appreciate it! I'm currently testing two L Pirme lenses doing children portraits/candids, a 135mm and an 85mm. Having fun playing with DOF and shutter speeds; think I might give your settings a try and see the results.

Thanks again for sharing your shots & your info!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    She really is adorable and you did get some very nice shots of her. The personality really shines through in the shots and with children I think that is very important. Appears that you did connect and while might have had here only a short time, you got some good results for your efforts.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    Very nice clap.gif

The first one seems a bit on the warm side, but I'm on an uncalibrated monitor so I'm not sure.
    I like them all, but #2 is my favorite thumb.gif