San Diego Shots

cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I recently created a very simple free wordpress photography blog. It's simple, clean, and just about the photos that I post. You can check it out at: http://freyphotos.wordpress.com/ Here are a few recent shots. I have been busy along the Embarcadero, in San Diego. Yes, I know...watermarks. Have to do it.

1. Bob Hope tribute with the USS Makin Island in the background.

bob-hope-tribute-sunset.jpg?w=840

2. "Unconditional Surrender"

unconditional-surrender1.jpg?w=840

3. Pier Stools

yellow-seats.jpg?w=840

4. Topsy-Turvy

topsy-turvy-condos.jpg?w=840

5. Military Presence (part of the Bob Hope tribute)

frey97671.jpg?w=840

6. "Quarrel Tree"

target-practice.jpg?w=840

7. Pierside

frey9678a2.jpg?w=840

Comments

• RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    Nice.
    Very nice. The Bob Hope photo is my favorite of the bunch, although the sailor kiss is almost right there also.
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,881 Major grins
    Nice job thumb.gif Nr 1 and 2 are my favourites.

I'll be in San Diego end of next week. My pictures probably won't be as good as yours rolleyes1.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    I've been to this area many times. I think these are wonderful; the night shots of the first two just make it so different and gives it the wow! #6 is another fave! clap.gif
  • cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the comments!

For the Bob Hope photo, I had to clone out a part of a light fixture at the bottom of the photo. There are many distracting elements around the Bob Hope Memorial and then you have folks who then get in your way during a 15-30 second exposure. The Bob Hope tribute is a bit elevated, which helps to minimize folks from walking into the background of the shot. The tribute is surrounded by trees and a couple of ugly light posts, which really impairs a lot of good photos ops you could do with the USS Midway also in the scene.

For #2 and #5, the patchy marine layer really helps, especially in the night shot, as the city lights reflect off of the marine layer.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Really nice work doing the classics. Nice eye for the shots and
    very evident skill with the camera.
    Well done. thumb.gif
    Michael