Dementia - (Strong content)

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited September 25, 2009 in People
For your consideration...Three on a theme....

660608874_do3bV-X2.jpg

660608841_h8tmH-X2.jpg

660608830_39KFn-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    Moving.
    The last one has such contrast of the woman, the tamorines and what appears to me to be a playful pre-schoolish poster on the wall.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    Thank you for these. You have captured one of my greatest fears...
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    seeesh. :cry
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    Very well done!! My mother n law is nearing this condition and it is so sad!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    ront wrote:
    Very well done!! My mother n law is nearing this condition and it is so sad!!Ron

Same here...

So, I don't like these images content ~ but that's a good thing in this case for the images ~ They managed to pull some feelings out.

They are well done BD.
    Randy
  • JoieJoie Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    B.D.,

I saw your response when someone posted an image of a homeless person. Wouldn't these images of nursing home residents be in a similar category? Please help me understand how these are different.

Also, I would think these would violate the resident's rights to privacy unless you received consent from their legal guardians to publish these photos.

J.
    Joie wrote:
    B.D.,

I saw your response when someone posted an image of a homeless person. Wouldn't these images of nursing home residents be in a similar category? Please help me understand how these are different.

Also, I would think these would violate the resident's rights to privacy unless you received consent from their legal guardians to publish these photos.

Good question:
    The first image is of my late mother, so...and I have consents on the others. My poinr in regard to shooting homeless folks on the strteet is that shooting homeless people simply because they're there, and you think it somehow makes a 'cool' photo, is using them,, and tells the viewer nothing. I would contend that dementia is an issue we all hear about, all potentially face, and yet don't often see. Hopefully these images bring its horror and reality home to the viewer. If they fail to do that, then I have failed.

]
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed